Island Sewing - Services
***Please note we do not do alterations or mending***
NEW! Estate Handling Click here for help with a loved ones sewing and craft supplies
Sewing Machine Repairs and Maintenance
Common issues such as tension & timing adjustments, thread jams & skipped stitches can typically be resolved with a Machine cleaning & service. Any parts & or labour above and beyond a machine cleaning & service will be charged at our hourly rate and the cost of parts.
Disassemble Machine, Remove old grease, apply new grease and oil, Minor repairs, Test electronics & operation. Verifying: tension, foot height, timing.
- Quick Fix: $25 (this is for fast fixes 15 mins or less, such as troubleshooting)
- Mechanical sewing machine full clean and service: $95
- Computerized sewing machine full clean and service: $110.00
- Serger full clean and service: $110.00
- Embroidery unit clean and service: $35.00
- Multi Needle Machine full clean and service: $90/hr
- Industrial Machines (on site only) $90/hr
- Travel time is billed at $80/hr for calls outs
Labour rate: $85.00 /hr Long Arm Service (Click here to learn more)
*****link coming soonCustom Sewing (Click here to learn more)
*****link coming soonPrivate Sewing & Serger Lessons
So you have this awesome sewing machine but you've never taken it out of the box, someone gave you a serger and you have no idea how to thread it let alone turn it on. Schedule an appointment with one of our experienced and knowledgeable staff and let us help you master your machine.
Please note that any machine purchased through us is eligible for free lessons at your convenience. So if you haven't taken us up on your free lesson, book one today!